Monday, December 24, 2012

The Night the Sky Sang


I am not so sure how I got chosen, how I got so lucky – but to be selected for this assignment. I never thought He would pick me! Sure, there have been other ‘big’ ones…bringing Daniel the answer to his prayers, visiting Zacharias in the temple…even bringing Mary the news of her son. But this one. Tonight – the fanfare that will light up the sky – announcing the birth of our beloved Jesus! Finally, getting to shout to the earth what heaven knew all along – the greatness and glory of Jesus! I could burst!

I don’t get Almighty’s plan fully, though. His plans are beyond my understanding. But this plan? I have my doubts…Sending His Son – there??? To earth??? With so much darkness and evil and pain and filth? That is where Jesus is going??

Not only that - He is becoming one of them??? Them – the humans??? And sending Jesus to her? A simple girl? Can He really trust her???

And besides that, Almighty is sending Him to be born in Bethlehem? Really??? No palace? No kingdom? No royalty? Surely there is a more luxurious scenario fitting the High King of Heaven. But Bethlehem? And I am told He will actually be born in a manger… a barn…with farm animals near by. The Almighty’s plans are great and unsearchable, certainly …but…well, some things are just beyond my understanding.

But here’s what I wonder about the most..will they even get it? Will they even realize how huge this is???? That our beautiful, wonderful, Creator Jesus is shrinking Himself down to the size fo a man – no, a baby!- to live with them? To live among them???

Surely, they will realize who He is and treat Him with honor and praise and dignity. Truly, they will give Him the worship and love and devotion He is worthy of? Won’t they??

I mean, this is Creator Jesus, God’s beloved and dear Son, the darling of Heaven we angels all adore. The people on earth – they will get that…right???
But sometimes those humans don’t always do the smartest things….

What will heaven be like without Him? We adore Him. It almost seems unbearable to think of the heavenly kingdom without Him…for a while…

The only sense I can make of this is that these humans must be something special for the Almighty to be without His Son for a season. He must place an enormous amount of trust in them, right??? Otherwise, why would Jesus go? Why would the Almighty let Him…no, why would He send Him???

The Almighty is showing them such favor! Will they even realize Who it is that is dwelling among them…talking to them, caring for them, listening to them??? Surely, they will be humbled by this and give Jesus the worship He deserves!


Well, some things are too big for my small angel mind. All I know is that I got picked to announce His coming – all lights and fanfare and music! We will blow their minds! We will give these shepherds a night they will never forget!

Rejoice, earth! Rejoice, shepherds! Tonight – the Savior has come! Emmanuel – God with us…God with you…is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment